Friday, 28 April 2017

Well, it's the start of another weekend! Woo Hoo!

Morning all,

Well, what a mixed week we've had weather wise? I appears some people have even had the snow featured on my card below .. hope there's not much of it left if you were one of those affected.

We've had more sunshine than snow, it has to be said! Still, I felt I would put the snowy weather to good use and make a Christmas card!

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of grey pearl card cut to 14cm square
  • Snippets of card in white and pearl grey
  • Katzelkraft elephant image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Penny Black Santa Hat stamped on to a snippet of white card
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
  • Once I had coloured and cut out the Santa hat I attached it to the laid back elephant using tombow glue
  • For the insert, reverse and envelope I used an All Night Media Santa hat stamped using Versafine satin red ink
  • My Favorite Things "snowflake" image stamped multiple times using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Christmas card challenges - challenge #11 - Photo Inspiration
  2. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 348 - CHRISTMAS
  3. The Holly and the Ivy - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 330 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES with the (unused) option of FOR A CHILD
  5. Scraps of Life - April's challenge - RUDOLPH DAY - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
 

And then ...... following a trip to a craft store and finding a blending pen, I thought I would have another go at colouring ..

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½ x 12½cm
  • One piece of DCWV textured card from Grandma's kids stack cut to mat with a ¼cm border
  • Snippets of card in white and the DCWV card for the sentiment banner
  • Nitwits image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink (I tried using archival ink ... see what happened below)
  • Derwent Coloursoft pencils used to colour and the Finesse blender pen to blend
  • Penny Black sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink, cut in to a banner shape and then matted on the purple polka dot DCWV card
  • Stardust stickles to add some bling!


 

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. The Sisterhood of Crafters - April 26th challenge - "B" is for .. in my case BEAR!
  2. Paper Shelter - challenge No. 291 - BIRTHDAY CARD
  3. Addicted to stamps and more - challenge No. 239 - CAS - Clean And Simple


And THIS was the result using different inks - on the left the archival and right, memento - hmmmf



21 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 330 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too x

SARN said...

TWO fabulous makes her Kathy. I just love that you used an elephant on a Christmas card! Top marks!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I adore both of these cute animals Kathy and the elephant looks great with the added Santa hat for Christmas and love the stars, and then the bear is such fun and what pretty spotted paper in the background and for the sentiment banner. Enjoy your weekend. x

Di said...

Two great cards Kathy - I do love how you added the little Santa hat to the elephant and made it into a Christmas card, clever you!

And what a difference with the Archival ink - I'd have thought it would be OK. Thanks for the heads up, will avoid using mine with pencils and blending!

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs

Di xx

lilian said...

Great cards Mate, I love the image on the first one,

Lilian

Liz said...

Oh Kathy, I just love your Christmas card. What a fabulous image! Great birthday card too, another fun image.
Visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days Guest Designer's hat on. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month - good luck! xx

Cara said...

Two fab cards. I had to smile as I've used the same elephant for my DTcard that gies live tomorrow! He looks fab with the Santa hat! Cara x

Darlene said...

Both cards are Beyond fabulous Kathy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘The Letter B’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Terri Snode said...

Two very lovely cards. Sweet images. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Letter B" challenge.

Skye said...

Two great cards. I do like your elephant, particularly with is Santa hat on. He brings to mind the saying "Flat out like a lizard drinking"

scrappymo! said...

Visiting with my design team hat on...
Your Rudolph Entry is adorable. I had a chuckle when I spied that adorable elephant. I think he has one rum and coke too many!

Great and fun card, KAthy.

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge

serendipity said...

great use of the fabulous heffalump.
shame the colouring didn't work with the archival ink. Lovely final result tho

Jackie C said...

Perfect!! Thank you so much for entering at The Holly & Ivy, please visit us again! Jackie DT member.

Janis Lewis said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing at Holly & Ivy Christmas Ch.
~DT Janis

Dr Sonia S V said...

Soooo cute and CAS style...love the simple elegance
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Diane said...

Super cute and fun cards!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Susan Powell said...

oh my gosh I LOVE that elephant! Super cute and fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

How cute both images are!!! Adorable CAS cards. Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Alison Barlow said...

I love the elephant with the Santa hat and those stars are so pretty. Fantastic idea to make a matching envelope too. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Ceal said...

so cute! thanks for joining us at ATSM

Amanda Fluri said...

The elephant is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges. - Amanda DT